Wednesday 8 June 2011

Snout Track

I did the Snout Track yesterday and it was lovely. Far cheaper than the Queen Charlotte Track (as it's actually free) and you get the views of the QC Sound too. At a bench, I stopped and had some lunch but was creeped out by a random sheep that stared at me the entire time. Later on I met a man walking the track and he told me that it's name was Frederick and nobody knows how long it's been there or why it's on it's own.

I quickly discovered why people never stay in Picton long: there's not much to do. So I'm getting a bus to Nelson this afternoon, where hopefully there'll be more guests. I think there's only about 3 of us in this hostel. It's very nice though, and the owner is a lovely guy. I heartily recommend The Villa, Picton for all travellers.

Next, Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment